Wednesday, August 26, 2020

“I Don’t Care What People Think of Me” – Dana White

Dana White will be supporting his friend and well-wisher Donald Trump in his bid to become the President of the United States once again. While the situation isn’t looking highly favorable for Trump, Dana couldn’t care less. He is unfazed by what people think of him regarding his upcoming speech at the Republican National Convention.

White will leave for Washington on Wednesday night and will speak at the convention on Thursday. The situation in the United States has been a bit alarming with the massive rise of COVID-19 cases and with the Black Lives Matter movement. However, White believes that everyone has the right to believe what they want.

Dana White

That sh*t doesn’t bother me,” White said while talking to reporters after his Tuesday Night Contender Series wrapped up. “Listen, this is America. Everybody has their own opinions and their own choices. I know that sometimes people go after you because of whatever, but everybody knows me. Everybody knows what I’m about, and you know.

“I don’t know. Talk to me after the speech.”

The UFC supremo gave a similar speech four years back in 2016. He thanked Trump for championing the UFC even before it was successful. Being a fight promoter, White claimed that he knew fighters and hence, he could confirm that Trump is a fighter in real life.

Dana White is cool with people who hate Donald Trump

The association between the UFC and Donald Trump goes way back to the start of the century when the promotion was still in its nascent stage. Dana White will always remember the helping hand that came out to support back in the day. He has also attempted at returning the favor.

In 2018, White visited the White House with interim welterweight champion Colby Covington, who is also a highly vocal supporter of President Trump. In the same year, the promotion released a documentary titled Combatant in Chief which documented its relationship with Donald Trump.

However, in the current year, resentment towards Donald Trump has been increasing. Given all this, Dana still didn’t think too much about speaking at the RNC.

“I don’t give a sh*t. I don’t care what people think of me or what they think,” White said. “The people that know me know who I am and know what I’m about. Other than that, I (couldn’t) care less. There’s tons of guys that hate Trump, whether it’s celebrities or whatever, and I’m cool with all of them. We’re all cool.”

The post “I Don’t Care What People Think of Me” – Dana White appeared first on EssentiallySports.



from EssentiallySports https://ift.tt/2D2OKjX

No comments:

Post a Comment