Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Renee Young reveals Shocking Details behind her WWE departure

WWE Backstage interviewer and talk show host Renee Young left the company last week after 8 long and successful years. Her departure came as sudden and surprising to the WWE Universe. A gray area in the entire thing was, why did she leave?

In a recent interview with Sports Illustrated, Young tied up all the loose ends and finally broke the silence on why she left WWE, and the reason is shocking.

Renee Young's Reported WWE Departure Fuels AEW Speculation

The first tick-off was when she received a lot of backlash for sharing the news that she had tested positive for COVID-19 on social media. The announcement put WWE in the firing range as the safety of many Superstars became a gripping concern.

“They weren’t even like ‘You shouldn’t have posted it.’ But it was like, ‘We wish you gave us a heads up.’ It was bad for PR and whatnot,” says Young. “But again, I wouldn’t have even thought to be like, “Hey guys, I’m gonna tweet that I have COVID, ha, ha. Like, that was just not what I was thinking about when I posted it.”

Renee Young Discusses Deam Ambrose's Health Scare – Inside Pro Wrestling

Renee Young then revealed the event that pulled the last straw from her hand.

“I’m at home, I get my diagnosis, that same day I found out that Backstage gets canceled,” said Young. “But it was really with Backstage being canceled that I was like, ‘What am I doing? I’m not really doing anything anymore and my skill set of being a host … there’s just nowhere for me to do it anymore.” 

Renee Young wasn’t motivated to continue in WWE

WWE News: Renee Young's to make"Big Fat Announcement" on Wednesday - WrestlingTV

Young wasn’t sold on the alternative of working on Talking Smack either. She felt like it wasn’t a way forward.

“Even with Talking Smack coming back; I had heard the rumblings that Talking Smack was making its way back. I was planning on perhaps doing that,” explains Young. “But I was like, ‘You know what? I feel like I’m taking steps backward. I’m sorta spinning my wheels to go back and do a show.” 

Renee Young Admits Frustration Over AEW Rumors

“To not be doing it with Daniel Bryan. To not be doing it with (former WWE producer and VP of Television Production) Mike Mansury, who also is no longer with WWE. But that was sort of the magic of what that show was to me.”

The information revealed by Young here is really tragic in ways. I still can’t really put my finger on whether Backstage was canceled for budget constrains or WWE’s reaction to Renee’s announcement.

WWE: Renee Young's COVID announcement did NOT go down well

Either way, Young quickly announced her departure and is now looking to step into greener pastures. Who knows? We may see her working with her husband Jon Moxley in AEW in the future.

The post Renee Young reveals Shocking Details behind her WWE departure appeared first on EssentiallySports.



from EssentiallySports https://ift.tt/3hTwIzV

No comments:

Post a Comment